If i was ordered to do community service n i did not do it…

Customer Question
If i was ordered...

If i was ordered to do community service n i did not do it what happens

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Went to court n paid off the ticket

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If you don't do your community service, you will not have completed your sentenc requirements and a warrant can issue for your arrest. Go and start taking care of this now. That way if it becomes an issue, you can give the judge an excuse for why you started it late and show him that you're working on it. Typically, as long as it doesn't look like you're deliberately ducking your court obligation, judges will give you an extension to finish it up.