My wife and I traded her Outback Subaru in on a new E-Pace…

My wife and I...

My wife and I traded her Outback Subaru in on a new E-Pace Jaguar SUV Thursday evening and want to back out of the deal. What are our options in the state of Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CO lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I called the salesman last night and informed him

3/20/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Unfortunately, there is no legal right to cancel a contract to purchase an automobile in Colorado. You may have heard about various cooling-off or buyer's remorse statutes that allow you to cancel contracts if you do so within certain time periods. And, Colorado does have some of those laws relating to door-to-door sales, membership buy clubs, and other specific types of purchases, but the purchase of automobiles is not included.

That said, though most dealerships will not let you return a car on which you already signed the purchase agreement, your having contacted the salesman is a first step to opening a conversation with the dealership. If you are still interested in buying a car and think you may be happy with a car at the dealership that is different than the one you purchased, you may be able to negotiate for the return and then new purchase. If you simply want to return the Jaguar and get your Subaru back, the chances are relatively low as the Subaru has likely already been processed into their used inventory and may even have been moved (or not) to a different location.

I am sorry you are in this situation and I wish I had better news for you. If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of actions is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

5 stars thanks

You are welcome; I just wish I had better solutions for you.

Attorney Wendy