I was willed contents of two garages from the death of my…

Customer Question
Hi. I was willed...

Hi. I was willed contents of two garages from the death of my uncle at two different properties and in one garage there is a car that was not willed to anyone. so since the car is part of the contents of the garage is the car by law mine.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the will

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Ideally, your uncle should have specified that the car was to go to you - since it is a big ticket item - but under the circumstances (since the car wasn't left to anyone else and wasn't otherwise referenced in the will AND you WERE left the contents of the unit) it would be yours.
Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.