Edd in california took my tax refund and says i owe

Customer Question
Edd in california took...

Edd in california took my tax refund and says i owe additional 18000 dollars for overpayment in 2003. Help

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Yes. Just one so far. It didnt seem promising

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I never knowingly did anything wrong and they garnished all the money they paid me..and now fees and interest are snowballing into an avalanche

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im goin to file an appeal but this is from nearly 15 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You can contest the claim and seek a breakdown to confirm, payment plan for a reduced amount. You can also appeal and ask a court to review.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I thought i was contacting a lawyer that could work with me. And i also thought this was 5 dollars not 36. Unacceptable. Refund please. Thank you for your time
Can i please be refunded 31 of the 36 dollars
Hello?
Im in dire financial straits
Ok. We cannot represent customers and this is general information. I will opt out.
You just hit me for 31 dollars when i agreed to 5. Why did u just add to my problems?