My Dr in Birmingham is being discharged from his job

My Dr in Birmingham...

My Dr in Birmingham is being discharged from his job unfairly. He has won many awards wrote many articles and saved many lives. All his patients care about him and his willingness to listen. He has saved my life. This new chair person is getting rid of him. Who can I complain to how can I help him

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama he is a specialist at UAB in Birmingham.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well I asked him what I could do. I am just a patient I don't know how to help. I first want his ok for me to help. I thought about contacting board of directors. Maybe get a petition going. Contact news?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they had hired him from Ohio and moved his entire family. I will get his permission before I help. I feel like a nobody but he has saved my life and others from talking with other patients in waiting. Even the employees have a very high opinion of him.

3/20/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I admire your desire to stand up for this doctor and your wanting his permission to help before stepping in. You are totally on the right track. If the physician is comfortable with your assistance, a formal letter to the Board of Directors or to them each individually and a petition may encourage the hospital to reconsider. Keep in mind that even though he may be an excellent physician there may be other reasons, unrelated to his performance with patients, that led to the hospital's decision and they may not disclose those reasons to you. That said, it is hard enough to find doctors with whom patients can relate and feel comfortable and trying to keep those doctors in your community is important on a number of different levels.

Other things to consider include a letter to the editor or your local newspaper, and letters to Alabama's medical licensing board letting them know how much you think of this doctor and how disappointed you are in the hospital's decision (but I would get clear consent from the doctor for this step as no one wants to have a regulatory body focusing on them without knowing about it).

Again, I completely admire what you are wanting to do and wish you the best of luck! If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: this information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

Attorney Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. Your advice is exactly what I needed. And I truly don't know the entire story of his being discharged so I will wait to see if he answers the text I had set him about having a petition done. Great advice.

I am glad I could be of some assistance and best of luck! We all know how hard it is to find a doctor with whom you connect and feel well cared for.

Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Lawyer