I am picking up and dropping off my 19 year old niece at a…

I am picking up...

I am picking up and dropping off my 19 year old niece at a Delta gate in LAX. She is somewhat a special needs person with anxiety issues which is indicated on her ticket. Can I meet her at the gate on March 24th and walk her to the gate on March 30th?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Bonita, ca

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Her ticket indicates "special needs". I have been talking to her parents, but this is my first official step.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at the moment.

3/20/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

Airlines can give out "gate passes" that allow non-ticketed passengers to get through security to, for example, escort a person needing special assistance to the fate. Unfortunately, each airline sets their own policies about this. Delta airlines information is vague. Delta states that parents must accompany young children to the gate, but is not clear when it comes to elderly or disabled passengers. There is no mention of passengers who are ill or, as in your case, escorting someone who is special needs and needs the help of another person.

You may want to call Delta Airlines directly at 1(###) ###-#### I'd also suggest getting to the airport a little early and going to the ticket counter and explaining the circumstances and asking for a gate pass. Make sure you have identification on you as well, just in case.

RobertJDFL, Attorney
RobertJDFL, Attorney