I was in an accident, the other party is 100% at fault,

I was in an accident...
I was in an accident , the other party is 100% at fault , however i have limited tort . can i sue if so what are my possibilities
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Thanks for your patience. I hope that you're feeling okay. The answer to your question is yes, you can sue. If the other party is at fault, then it is going to be an action for negligence. Negligence occurs when a party's actions fall below the reasonable standard of care for a similarly situated person. This is the direction that would want to take if you file a claim with their insurance company and they deny your claim. A personal injury attorney should be able to help you negotiate a settlement on your behalf or possibly bring a lawsuit if the other party's insurance or the other party deny liability.

Did you have any other questions for me today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long do I have before filing

You don't have to wait; however, it is generally a good idea to have seen a doctor first to determine the extent of your injuries. Once that has been determined, then you should file with their insurance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will i have to take off work

Usually, no. Only if the doctor orders you to do so would you have to do that. You could add as a part of your claim lost wages for that.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer