I would like to file a lawsuit against my college but not…

I would like to...

I would like to file a lawsuit against my college but not sure how to obtain the correct attorney for my situation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have been denied an appeal from my campus chair, and now i am getting the run arounds to file an appeal above that appeal with the Campus President. I was denied assistance from the ADA rep and have been going through a lengthy process with DOE to seek assistance or guidance regarding my schools accreditation requirements. Now I'm here at this point in which I called numerous attorneys and are being told over and over that either their law firms don't represent these type of cases or conflict of interest. Now I know our island is small but I'm finding it difficult to find an attorney or getting a consultation. Please advise!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I should have filed a case in 2015 due to a pedestrian accident, my school dismissed me from the program. Then I had to go in front of a student board to be re-admitted once I was doing better. Then I was being monitored, but had an incident occurred regarding plagiarism and had to open a disciplinary case with another board, but because of the school conflicting schedules, I lost my scholarship. They continue to express verbally that they were wrong, but refuse to put it in writing. Now as I am approaching my final class, which was internship, upon all the ridiculous requirements and expectations that I fully complied with, they dismissed me again due to one final project. Then as I am appealing they are giving me run arounds even if I continue to quote the expectations from the schools catalog!

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

A good way to search for an attorney would be to go to www.martindale.com, search for your state and specialty (Education Law). It's a nationwide database of peer-reviewed and client-evaluated attorneys. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Wow that easy? And all this time I've been breaking nails trying to get an attorney! Another question I have is up in reviewing what I wrote what kind of attorney will I need and does my case appears to be a sufficient case with a do cause? Please advise! Mahalo

It's an amazing database :)

You need either an Education Attorney or a Litigator.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Perfect thank you! I'll definitely give you an awesome rating! Mahalo!

It's my pleasure - very happy to help :)

Thanks so much for your rating! And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.