How do i get part owner off my business. Pennsylvania. None.

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get part owner off my business

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We drive amish.. he lost his license and he's agreed to be taken off the business to help us lower the insurance payments. With him beijng on it. It's over 10k a year

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to do it the most time efficient way.. I have to start my new policy April 9th and would like to have this done
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

The simplest way would be removal from the state records with proof of assignment of his ownership interest to the rest of you. Depending on your business one of the following amended certificate of formation would probably work. http://www.dos.pa.gov/BUSINESSCHARITIES/BUSINESS/REGISTRATIONFORMS/Pages/default.aspx

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's an amish taxi service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I was already charged 42 dollars when i was told it was going to be only 5

Yes I understand but is it not registered with the state?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is... we just started this business. So we have no idea what we are doing.. and all those options looking at them I have no idea what to pick from

Do you know what type of corporation you filed? LLC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
an LLC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it helps you my business is called Haines & Harvey Van Service. If you want to look it up

This should be fine. http://www.dos.pa.gov/BusinessCharities/Business/RegistrationForms/Documents/Updated%202017%20Registration%20Forms/Domestic%20Limited%20Liability%20Company/15-8622_8822%20Cert%20of%20Amend-Ltd%20Part-LLC.pdf.

Just indicate removal of that individual as an owner as what you are amending. Then I would still create a 1 page where he assigns or sells his interest to any one of you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is what I got when opened

That is odd. on that original site I sent you, go to Domestic LLC and click certificate of amendment as the document you wish to open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks for your help.. is that form able to be expedited?? For same day processing

They usually do let you pay extra for expedited processing.

That should be enough for the insurance company.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome thank you so much for your help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now if I can understand the jibberish on the paper. I'll be good..

It's fairly straightforward.

Good luck to you. If you have no further questions, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Bonuses are doubly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer