What should I say to the prosecutor to drop or dismiss a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] what should I...
Second opinion] what should I say to the prosecutor to drop or dismiss a charge
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

A prosecutor has the complete discretion to go forward with a complaint whether the parties to the crime want him to or not. There is no magic formula. No two cases are identical. What you say depends upon the facts and circumstances of the case itself. Even then, as a matter of policy, there are some kind of cases a prosecutor typically isn't interested in dismissing, notably domestic violence cases.

If you tell me more about the case, I can be less general. But without any facts, there are no specific suggestions I can make at this time.