I lived with my boyfriend &his parents when his mom had a…

Customer Question
I lived with my...

I lived with my boyfriend &his parents when his mom had a stroke, I was "hired" by his dad to be her care giver, I wad payed 100.00 a week. Since then she has passed, they sold the house, my boyfriend &. his father both offered me money to help me because I wanted to go on my own, now my ex is won't give me my money he basically said if I'm not with him I get nothing. His father won't answer my calls or text messages. I feel they for one cheated me out under payed I did everything 24/7 I was lived there for about 15years. Together with my ex since 1998. And also his dad tried kissing me & I'd catch his watching me, I was a emotional wreak, I was treated like I didn't matter. What can I do to get my money they promised me, I have nothing. He payed me cash& for the last 6 months of living there he cut my pay to $40.00, a week because they had to roof done. Can you help me please! I'm lost.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There's Alot more but for now it's a lot to explain & I have carpal tunnel & my hand is numb right now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. Im sorry to hear about your situation. Do they still owe you money from your caregiving duties?