Our church closed can the pastor and leaders distribute love…

Our church closed can...

Our church closed can the pastor and leaders distribute love monetary gifts to some members in need from the now closed church?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We closed church doors

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to move forward

3/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the church has a fund for paying out parishioners in need, then before winding up the non-profit the church may pay out the needy persons as their charitable purpose allows. They cannot just divide the money among the members, they have to actually identify needy persons to give the money to them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.