I was just fired from a coaching job at a local high school…

I was just fired...

I was just fired from a coaching job at a local high school for demonstrating how NOT to scoop a ground ball. I am a retired teacher [38] years] and coach [42 years] Won 7 national womens championships and 1 nat'l championship soccer in 26 years at Catonsville Comm. Clg. I feel like my name has been slandered. I am a nervous wreck as a result. Can you please help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have only discussed it with friends and family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Not sure

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about this. What questions did you have for me regarding this situation today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
I feel as though my good name in the coaching and teaching community has been slandered. I will be 70 yrs old in June. I have coached on all levels,from kindergarden to college. Won 8 Nat'l Championships,in a couple halls of fame. My former students and players still keep in touch with me daily from all over the U.S. What can I do,what should I do. I was also threatened by a school police officer.
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Phone call session started