I need some advice about small claims court. Florida.

Customer Question
I need some advice...

I need some advice about small claims court

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I bought a car for my daughter and she decided after 3 years she didnot want to pay be anymore so dropped the car off i my driveway friday. I called we ubuy cars and sold it for 55000 but she still owes a balanceof 4200

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can sue her for up to $5,000.

A small claims case is a legal action filed in county court to settle minor legal disputes among parties where the dollar amount involved is $5,000 or less, excluding costs, interest, and attorneys' fees. Forms that have been approved for statewide use are located within the Florida Small Claims Rules.

Small Claims - Florida Courts

www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law.../small-claims.stml

This is a breach of oral agreement to pay you for the car and your loss in all of this.

Forms and self help to do that

https://help.flcourts.org/small-claims/

I have written contract signed by my daughter and her husband

Even better you can sue them both here.You can get judgement and collect it al here.