I am wondering if it is the landlords responsibility to

Customer Question
I am wondering if...

I am wondering if it is the landlords responsibility to replace the paneling in the basement after water damage

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

So far they have put new drainage in the basement so we don't have any more water leakage, we have warped and molded paneling in the basement which is a finished basement. we offered to pay half to replace the bad paneling

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If the damage is not caused by tenant reckless or intentional conduct, landlord would need to cover cost of repair/replacement. If that is clear and acceptable, kindly reply "acceptable"