A new car was damaged by a tree on our parking lot. we are…

Hi. a new car...

Hi. a new car was damaged by a tree on our parking lot. we are not satisfied with how our insurance manage that and need advice

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sure. MA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Filed the claim

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

With insurance.

3/19/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Tell me more about the situation here, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a new car was bought 10 days before the damage. insurance apprised damage for 6 thou. we think it is not accurate, but now the problem is even worse- they can not find the roof to replace because the model is too new. they want to replace it with roof from another, older model. the price of the car wil be much lower. can we do something?

You can file a diminished value claim

Massachusetts is a diminished value state, which means you may be entitled to the diminished value of your vehicle after an auto accident. The statute of limitation on diminished value claims in Massachusetts is 3 years, and Massachusetts does not have uninsured motorist coverage for diminished value.

Massachusetts Diminished Value - Diminished Value Claims and ...

https://www.collisionclaims.com/massachusetts-diminished-value/

Contact the insurance about that you would be due more for that if they used non new parts.I agree.This might force them to find new parts instead or pay you more for your diminished value.

I appreciate the chance to help you , you are due more compensation here for diminished value.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you very much. does it mean that insurance will be paying us for diminished value?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
to whom we submit this claim?

Same insurance call them and ask for diminished value claim form.They won't tell you unless you find out about it.But your state recognizes it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you very much/ i'm finished with my question now

Good luck here stars at top of your page thanks for rating 5 stars.Have great evening.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer