Question is regarding harassment from our new property

Question is regarding harassment...

Question is regarding harassment from our new property management

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No.........i dont know what to do or if what t h ey are doing is legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Sun valley, nv

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Lots but it will take awhile to type...lol

3/19/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Long story short......we've lived in our home for 5 years, during that time we were originally supposed to be buying the home, anyway, we withheld our rent until the landlord put new carpet in our home. He hired a property management in the last few months and now we have new carpet and paid rent in full.......about a week or so later a walk through was requested by the property owner who also uses the same property management. They had recently inherited the property and wanted to see it. After this walk through which went well according to my wife, we were given a notice saying we were in violation of our lease. The property has a lot of trash on the backside from previous tenants before us. We were told by the landlord in the beginning that he would get a dumpster for us to remove it. 5 years later and now dumpster is in our driveway and has been filled and dumped once already. This was tues. On Thursday the property management came and took pics from accross the street. Friday morning my wife woke up to 2 feet of snow on the ground. I am a truck driver and only home on weekends if weather allows. As of this morning the property management has now extended the time for the dumpster to stay but not the clean up to be completed.... ever since the property management has been involved we have had to do something in order not be evicted.. i requested for more time for the ckean up and was told that i had a lack of motivation to get it done.........it is impossible to clean up a yard buried under 2 feet of snow
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She has since told me that if the clean up it not completed by Friday during her walk through then she has been authorized to hire people to do it at my expense..........
Phone call session started

Hello! I see that you requested a phone call. That’s great news! I have just one caller ahead of you, but you will be live on the phone with me in about 30 minutes.

This appears to be a violation of the implied covenant (promise) of quiet enjoyment. All residential leases and rental agreements contain an implied covenant of quiet enjoyment. Under the implied covenant of quiet enjoyment, it states that the landlord will not take any action or make any omission which disturbs a tenant’s right to possession and quiet enjoyment of the premises. The warranty does not protect the tenant from the acts of third parties over whom the landlord has no control. However, if the landlord does have control over the situation, but chooses to do nothing, then it is a violation. To help facilitate the situation, you may want to consider just writing a letter detailing the problems and demand that they rectify this situation or you will move off the property and not pay any rent thereafter as allowed by law. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer