I have been getting messages from a number in DC saying that…

Customer Question
I have been getting...

I have been getting messages from a number in Washington DC saying that they represent G E Capital and that I have a case against me with a number . They say I can settle for 500

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Snd if not it will go to magistrate criminal court. I have asked for written documentation but have received nothing in the mail. Previously I got phone messages. I do not know what this might be. Wondering if you might call for me with the case number.?? Thanks. Kay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just wrote a message

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

These phone calls are a scam, they are robo calls trying to get people to pay them $500 for non-existent cases. If you owed GE Capital money, you would be getting written notices in the mail and if they had a case against you they would have served you the case with a process server.

Do not fall for this scam.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.