Has been harassing and called Ryan's boss asking to fire.

Daniel has been harassing Ryan...
Daniel has been harassing Ryan and called Ryan's boss asking to fire Ryan.
Daniel posted fake reviews online that degrade Ryan's dog training experience.
Ryan has an email from a client that wanted to do training with off-leash K9 training, but he saw one of the reviews that that person made up about Ryan, if he changed his mind in doing the training would that be eligible to sue? Since the guy I saw the bad review, he dipped out of the training
3/19/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Thank you for you question. Have you contacted local Attorneys?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not yet. I am trying to see if it make sense to sue.

Thank you for the clarification. Any lost business is damages.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What kind of best case results will it be? Will the person get charged criminally or civilly?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What kind of penalty is there? A fine or court order?

The plaintiff is entitled to the damages they sustain. Let me provide the law and the penalties. One moment please.

"GEORGIA CODE § 51-5-1 STATES:

(a) Libel is a false and malicious defamation of another, expressed in print, writing, pictures, or signs, tending to injure the reputation of the person and exposing him to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule.

(b) Publication is necessary to recover damages for libel in Georgia.

Under Georgia defamation law, statements about the public, in general, are not actionable. Moreover, it is the responsibility of slander and libel plaintiffs to prove that the statements under review are about them.

Under Georgia law, a “private person” can sue another person without having to prove actual malice. Private persons only need to demonstrate that the defendant was negligent when communicating the defamatory statement to a third party.

DEFAMATION DAMAGES IN GEORGIA

Special damages for defamation are available under Georgia law. Specifically, Georgia Code § 51-5-4 states:

• Slander or Oral defamation consists in:
    • Imputing to another a crime punishable by law;
    • Charging a person with having some contagious disorder or with being guilty of some debasing act which may exclude him from society;
    • Making charges against another in reference to his trade, office, or profession, which is calculated to injure him therein;
    • Uttering disparaging words productive of special damages which flows naturally therefrom.
  • in the situation described in the preceding paragraph, special damage is essential to support an action, while damages are inferred for the rest of the above." http://kellywarnerlaw.com/georgia-defamation-laws/
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney