I Live in Ohio in a mobile home park. Is it legal for park…

Customer Question
I Live in Ohio...

I Live in Ohio in a mobile home park. Is it legal for park owner to ask to be put on insurance policy?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Ohio lawyer about this?

Your the first one. Don't have one, was hoping this wasn't that big of deal.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've got insurance on trailer, have to sign lease on Friday. I just have the insurance I need for the trailer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Really all I need to know is it legal for them to do that.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
Generally a mobile home park owner can set reasonable rules on use and occupancy. First review your actual rental agreement, and any park rules and regulations, as those would usually define such limits.
Under the law, when you rent the land you are subjected to a lot of rules and regulations. If the park requires insurance, and that they be named as an additional insured, then the park regulations and or lease would control. Check all of your documents.Remember, if it is in the rules or the lease, they could possibly evict you for non-compliance with the park rules if that is a remedy in the prospectus.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 30 days ago

If you have any other questions please just ask.

KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer