Lori
Lori, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 25 years experience
101026752

Yesterday I was reading about Florida law that addressed the

Customer Question

Yesterday I was reading about Florida law that addressed the topic about treatment of elderly persons and that is was illegal (I don't know if that was the term) to commit fraud and take away their property and money and belongings. Who does the elderly person report this act to/ how do they proceed in dealing with this/
JA: Have they talked to a FL lawyer about this?
Customer: No.......I am the individual....I lost my house and my belongings inside and just read about this and I don't know how to go about reporting this because ;now I'm feeling rather cheated and mad
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps yet because I don't know where to go first
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what can I do and what are my rights
Expert:  Lori replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. That is called Elder Fraud and Abuse in Florida. The Attorney General of Florida, Pam Bondi, handles these types of fraud cases. Here's an article as to a recent fraud case handled by the Attorney General's office:

http://myfloridalegal.com/__852562220065EE67.nsf/0/EC2BDEFD435B32728525796D007A648A?Open&Highlight=0,elderly

I recommend the filing of a complaint with the Attorney General's office. Here's the form:

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Citizen_Services

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.