I am evicting my granddaughters boyfriend from my house and…

Customer Question
I am evicting my...

I am evicting my granddaughters boyfriend from my house and he owes me 3000 dollars in back rent. How much will this cost me and can I get the back rent that he owes me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I let him know in writing that I wanted him to move and he gave me the form back that he wrote on and said that I will not get a dime and that i'm petty

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That he is refusing to pay bills and we have had altercations and the police was called but they wouldn't do anything

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You could be looking at around $250 in filing fees and costs associated with the eviction. However, if you prevail, you can recover these and the Judge can order that he ay them. Moreover, you can go after him for unpaid rent as well, so not only will you obtain an order for eviction, for unpaid rent but can try and recover what he owes you, which is past due.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!