What is the statute if limitations on debt collect on? The…

What is the statute...

What is the statute if limitations on debt collect on?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The debt was incurred in the state of Nevada but I now reside in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The debt is for bank fees from 2008ish

3/19/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is there a judgment or just a claim being pursued?

Just a claim being pursued
But someone, not the bank is threatening to file a suit against me

The SOL is 5 year so the claim is untimely without a judgment in place.

If my reply is fast and acceptable, please reply "acceptable"

That is what I thought. It is too late for them to collect now, right?

Yes. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Then can you think of any reason why they are threatening legal action? Are they just trying to strong arm me into paying them?

hoping you pay some/all of the claim, and they can collect/earn commissions.

am I within my right to just tell them to bug off and leave me alone Then?

You can advise them the claim is untimely and they should cease and desist.

Good luck. Kindly click on a ***** rating.

They keep saying that because the bank is FDIC insured that they can come after me forever...
They are threatening to put a lien on my home, etc...
I will rate you after you answer my last 2 posts please...

I see no exception of the kind or basis for the threats. ask them to provide legal authority for pursuing untimely claims. In all events they can do nothing without suing, where you can defend and raise the defense.

They are threatening to sue me. That is why I am asking you if they have a legal basis to do so...

Again, I see no basis. My point is even if they were right, which they are not, they cannot do anything without a court order, and i see no basis where claim not timely.

I don't want to pay it if I am no longer legally obligated to so. But I will pay it if I am...

The claim is not timely, so you not obligated.

Ok. Thanks

very welcome.

Kindly take a moment to rate me 5 stars. *****

INFOLAWYER, Attorney