I am having trouble with a contractor what type of lawyer do…

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with a contractor what type of lawyer do I need?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I’m in Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

He did work without permits and I discovered this before he left job because things started to not work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Now he has had to correct things and destroying my property in process, won’t converse me me,

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is he making the repairs at his own expense?

.

Have you paid him for the entire job?

.

Have you gotten estimates from licensed contractors for the cost to fix what he screwed up?

.

.

thanks

he says he is paying at his own expense for plumbing, yes I have paid all but 1200.00, he has messed up heat/air and brick outside. Have not gotten estimates yet
I am unable to call at the moment can within the next 10

Ok, then at this point, it might be a little premature to jump to suing him for breach if he is fixing things. There is a "right to cure" that applies that you have to give him an opportunity to cure his mistakes before you move toward suing for breach.

.

With that said, I might contact any local housing inspector and ask them to come out and inspect the work... if he is still not doing things properly and up to Code, with permits... then you would be within your rights to fire him, get estimates for the cost of doing it right, and then sue him for the cost of fixing things..

.

.

thanks

Thank you

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney