Texas. I had jury charge that went 100 percent my favor..

Customer Question
Texas Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I had jury charge that went 100 percent my favor.. but the judge overturned it and granted new trial.. every attorney I talked to said this should have not been done.. I hired attorney and he is taking too long to file the mandamus. I worried about the laches rule now... if I fire him and finish it myself and offer explaination thatmy attorney sat on this while I was bugging him constantly to get it done... so I fired him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I hope that is good defense in explaining why it is taing too long

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You had to file an appeal on the judgment within the 30 days specified in the rules. Your attorney failing to file in time is not good cause to file out of time, it is good cause to sue your attorney for legal malpractice for any damage him not filing in time caused you. So, if your attorney did not file an appeal in a timely manner and has now been delaying filing and it causes you to lose your right to appeal the judgment, then that is legal malpractice and grounds to sue the attorney for damages he caused.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney