I live in middletown, new york, i have today a court date…

Customer Question
I live in middletown...

I live in middletown, new york, i have today a court date for a final judgement of possession regarding my home which went into bankuptcy, I do want to leave the house, but i would like some assistance in moving expense

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NY lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have been very ill, i wrote the lawyers and teh judge a letter explaining my situation , the hearing was cancelled 2 weeks ago because i was not notified, and is rescheduled for today, however i have been sick plus taking care of my mother who has alzheimers and i am her only caretaker,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Could i at least ask to be postponed for me to consult an attorney.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can seek to negotiate an adjournment or moving expenses, or both.

but how, any suggestions
i have to leave, i can reach back again in a little bit

Yes, that they would save time, cost, legal fees by agreeing to this, and its also the right and human thing to do by accomodating your situation.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”