I received a letter stating that I had passed away. I have…

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter stating that I had passed away. I have corrected that problem. I had been speaking to your agents in Mumbai, who are not U.S. Citizens, who were unable to answer an important question; "who was the person or entity that reported that I was deceased"? I was then transferred to someone in Delaware who also could not answer my question. However, she did give me a P.O. Box number so that I might write and find out. I need to know the name of the person or entity and information you have obtained so that I may investigate why this misinformation was directed to Chase. I am suspicious of some sort of fraudulent activety that is beiing pal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a DE lawyer about this?

Sort of fraudulent activity being planned against me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Only what I have stated in my initial notice today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not suspect any person or entity but think this is highly unuasual

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley

who sent you the letter stating that you were deceased?

Chase cardmember services

I agree with you that there is the possibility of fraudulent activity

you contacted Chase and verified that you are alive?

That issue has been cleared, which I stated in my initial notice to chase fraud. I want to know the name of the person or entity that notified Chase that I was deceased. Any other investigation that Chase initiates is a plus.

has Chase told you who notified them?

No. I initiated that action fearing some sort of fraud may have been intended. I still do not have the information requested? Why?
Are you able to retrieve that info for me? I am sure you will look at it if an investigation is initiated. Why have I gotten a run around when requesting such simple info?
Any assistance you can gain on my behalf would be most appreciated.
Are you still there? Should I wait while you are checking information?

I would not have access to Chase's records

you would need to contact their fraud department

This response does not make sense. To properly
Investigate this issue you would require such knowledge. Would you not?
Do you directly
Or indirectly work for Chase?

I am an attorney associated with Just Answer

I have no affiliation with Chase

Why have Chase directed me to you? This appears to be an action to have me pay for an investigation that they are responsible to complete.
How can I work with a Chase investigator or Attorney? Let’s work this out before I am forced to call the FBI and or file legal action to get information that belongs to me and is pertinent to my financial and possibly person safety? I do not understand Chases process or reasoning for their insistence on refusing to give me that information today?

can you send a copy of the letter you received

for privacy sent it to***@******.***

Sent your email a copy. Have you received it?

I did

It sure seems someone notified Chase that you were deceased which really does not make any sense

the letter you received is for estate purposes for the executor to contact them to take care of paying off the credit card

and Chase could not tell you how or who notified them?

by the way, how did you prove that you were alive?

Simply called them at a phone number supplied on the letter. Spoke to some guy in Mumbai. He asked me many questions which I answered. He then told me he would correct
The error. That’s it.
Chase never gave me an answer. I was told to write a letter. Whoopi’s dooo.

below are the corporate numbers and address where you can send your inquiry

I would start with a letter and forget the phone

you need a paper trail

Personal Credit Cards
Customer Service: 1-***-***-****
TTY: 1-***-***-****
International: 1-***-***-****

Business Credit Cards
Customer Service: 1-***-***-****
TTY: 1-***-***-****
International: 1-***-***-****

Mailing address

For General Correspondence
(by U.S. Postal Service, including Certified Mail)

Card Services
P.O. Box 15298
Wilmington, DE 19850

Thank you. Your info is appreciated.

Good luck to you! You can come back here free of charge after I'm rated for a follow-up question.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time (usually at night!) so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge) after I’m rated. If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Please accept my answer, and please rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars, 5 stars would be much appreciated as I ALWAYS strive to give you 5 star service!). This can be found AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 25 years of experience as well as my time. My statistics show that almost 100% of my customers here have been extremely satisfied with my answers as I am always truthful and thorough. The majority of my ratings, by far, have been 5s, which is extremely important to me.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "Michael Bradley ONLY" and I will get the question. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you and thank you for letting me help you today! Thanks in advance for rating me!

I strive for 5 star service every time, so if there's anything else I can do to earn that, I'm happy to do so.