My husband and I are holding title with another person who…

Customer Question
Hello, My husband and...

Hello, My husband and I are holding title with another person who has a power of attorney. The POA has quitclaim her share of the property to himself. Is his deed valid?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The deed was executed May 2013.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In Los Angeles, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the person that we are holding title with put her affairs in order when she was diagnosed with her illness. The POA agreed with her and also signed the deed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley

so the POA deeded the person who they hold POA for share to themselves?

This person was diagnosed with Dementia and decided to put her affairs in order . The deed was executed in 2013 and also signed by the POA.

how much was the share worth approximately?