How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24659
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for an attorney in Anchorage Alaska to help

Customer Question

I am looking for an attorney in Anchorage Alaska to help mitigate a termination of a lease. Our business is under lease until August 2020 in a medical office building. We are looking to get out ASAP.
JA: Have you talked to an AK lawyer about this?
Customer: I was looking for an attorney to be recommended on the website, but none are listed.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have contacted the leasing company, their legal team and they are unwilling to negotiate. They just want the money.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well it is a bit complicated.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am a physician, I work part time (1 week a month ) in Anchorage. Our partnership is comprised of 3 individuals (myself, another physician and nurse practitioner). We are under lease in a medical office building thru Aug 2020. We are trying to terminate/get out of current lease. The other physician and myself are no longer going to be traveling to Alaska to work.We have contacted hospital admin, leasing company and their legal team. They want the money. No negotiating.What can we do?Hire a broker to try to fill the office?Take out a bond to cover potential losses?We are talking over $300,000 remaining on lease.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Thank you

Can you sublet the space? Will your lease allow this?