Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am looking for an attorney in Anchorage Alaska to help

Customer Question

I am looking for an attorney in Anchorage Alaska to help mitigate a termination of a lease. Our business is under lease until August 2020 in a medical office building. We are looking to get out ASAP.
JA: Have you talked to an AK lawyer about this?
Customer: I was looking for an attorney to be recommended on the website, but none are listed.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have contacted the leasing company, their legal team and they are unwilling to negotiate. They just want the money.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well it is a bit complicated.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am a physician, I work part time (1 week a month ) in Anchorage. Our partnership is comprised of 3 individuals (myself, another physician and nurse practitioner). We are under lease in a medical office building thru Aug 2020. We are trying to terminate/get out of current lease. The other physician and myself are no longer going to be traveling to Alaska to work.We have contacted hospital admin, leasing company and their legal team. They want the money. No negotiating.What can we do?Hire a broker to try to fill the office?Take out a bond to cover potential losses?We are talking over $300,000 remaining on lease.

Thank you

Can you sublet the space? Will your lease allow this?