I have a supervisor at work that purchased a house and

I have a supervisor...

I have a supervisor at work that purchased a house and handed me the keys. The company we work for prohibittd him from buy property in US since he is CHINA citizen so put in his daughters dame. was demanding I marry him to stay in usa and since I called off the relationship he is harassing me at work and home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Chinese lawyer about this?

No I am an American. he is the Chinese resident

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None so far except trying to talk to him to stop the harassment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When the house was purchased and handed there was no relationship at the time and no contract was ever discussed.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

What is my right to fight for keeping the house?

I thought you stated that the home is owned by his daughter.

her name is ***** ***** deed correct but I have resided there for 2 years and paid all bills, taxes, and repairs on property.

I see. So since the home is in her name she owns the home. You would be entitled to at least a portion reimbursement for payments you made in the home; the reason I say a portion is that, in theory, you would still have had to pay rent/mortgage if you lived elsewhere. Depending upon the amount you'd either sue in civil court or in small claims court (which is faster, cheaper and easier in most cases). Please let me know if I've answered your question. I understand that this is not good news and I apologize for that. I hope you don't take it out on me or my rating... I have an ethical responsibility to tell you what the law actually is - and even if I didn't have that obligation I'd still want you to avoid a legal headache if I possibly can help you avoid that! So I just need you to know what you're up against. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks so much for your rating!
And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Thank you