I need to break an lease fir the apartment I'm living in,

Customer Question
I need to break...

I need to break an lease fir the apartment I'm living in, They do not provide the thing that I signed up for.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you please share with me a little more about the situation? What are they failing to provide as required by the lease?

How do I get out of my lease?

Why do you want to get out of it? You said you signed up for something they do not provide, so I am curious as to what it was

Dog crap every where, hot tub doesn’t work, security gates don’t work

Thank you. Yes, if the apartment complex has failed to provide what was promised and a condition to and included in the lease, they would be in breach of the full rental agreement. After all, these things are included and used when deciding on the price of the rent and if they are not present, happening or working, the management needs to correct them. If they fail to do so, they could be in breach and upon proper notice, you could have a basis to break the lease and vacate and defenses, if they sue. Prior to, you need to place them on notice and have this documented and give them a chance to cure but if they fail to do so, you could have a defense and basis to break it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!