My common law husband. We had been married but divorced

My common law husband...
My common law husband . We had been married but divorced after 25 years. He became very ill and I moved back to take care of him. He later bought and gave me a small mobile home to live in after he died. Our son inherited everything else when he died. I have the deed/title to the home but not the land "it stands on" as it was suppose to read. Can David force me to move? I don't have the money to move. At first he said he would give me a 2012 Toyota and help me move. He now wants me to sell him my home for about 1/3 of its worth and not let me have the car or anything else. I am not sure what to do. I would like to move back to Tyler, but I don't have the means to pay for the help or cash it would take to move even if I sold him the mobile home. I am 75 years old.
3/19/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I really am sorry - I don't have any "good news" for you. Since the land on which it sits is owned by David (I'm assuming that's your son) he can technically deny you access to the land or require you to move the mobile home, which is owned by you. Please let me know if I've answered your question. I understand that this is not good news and I apologize for that. I hope you don't take it out on me or my rating... I have an ethical responsibility to tell you what the law actually is - and even if I didn't have that obligation I'd still want you to avoid a legal headache if I possibly can help you avoid that! So I just need you to know what you're up against. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

It was my pleasure. Thanks so much for your rating! And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.