My fiance is living in Cairo Egypt. He is 31 years old. I am…

My fiance is living in...
My fiance is living in Cairo Egypt. He is 31 years old. I am living in the state of Virginia and I am 66 years old. Yes that is,quite an age difference but I look like I am 35. My question is if I request a fiance visa for him to come to the US can it be turned down because of the age difference? If yes can you suggest a better way of doing this than the fiance visa. This is not a sham marriage.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
I need a few minutes to work on your answer
A large age differences between you and your fiancée can become an issue for K-1 application process, but such visas are routinely approved.Based on my experience, I would say that an age difference of 10 years or less is not an issue at all. An age difference of 10 to 25 years may be looked at as a potential issue, but it’s not so uncommon to cause real concern. However, an age difference of 25 years or more will be noticed, and will likely become an issue and raise questions about your age difference.That said, it is not difficult to overcome the age difference with other facts proving that the relationship is genuine.As you may guess, the larger the difference in a couple’s ages, the more the age difference becomes an issue. However, the good news is that a large age difference in and of itself, will not disqualify you from applying for and obtaining a fiance visa. He law has no such preclusions.The USCIS and the US Embassy will consider the totality of the facts to determine the validity of the relationship. This includes, factors such as: how you met, how much time have you spent communicating with one another, when did you first meet in person, how long did you spend time together in person, how many times have you met in person, pictures together and some with family, as well as many other factors that would demonstrate that you are in love.From my experience, the USCIS and embassy processes many cases, usually of older men and younger woman by comparison to cases of older woman with younger men.Again, the totality of the facts will be weighed against any negatives present in the application.So, it will raise questions but it will not be a basis for denial.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars.We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer