My father died in June 2017. I have rec’d a letter from aarp…

My father died in...

My father died in June 2017. I have rec’d a letter from aarp asking me as his beneficiary to complete claim application,may be entitled to an insurance

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

California I want to know if it’s legit or fishing for heirs to collect debt.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, am I ever responsible for any possible debt he left behind?

3/19/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You aren't liable for his debts.I would complete the form and see if you are due funds here as beneficiary.No risk to you here , you may well be legal heir.They cannot hold you liable only his estate is liable for his debts.Complete the form here without worry and see if you receive funds.Life insurance is tax free.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you very much. I will complete the form and give you 5 stars. Cheers

You are so welcome stars at top of page.Have a good evening.

Ray, Lawyer