Slanderous internet information being repeated by an online…

Slanderous internet information being...

Slanderous internet information being repeated by an online person in New York -- this is repeating the angry comments of a long past girlfriend. I want to have the information removed as soon as possible --tonight if possible -- can this be done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the girlfriend talked to a NY lawyer about this?

No -- girlfriend is in Texas -- I'm the boy's father

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None -- just happening now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would like to have the poster contacted tonight if possible

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening. I'm attorney Bill following up on your question. The posting of unwanted internet communications can amount to a crime in terms of of a cyber crime and internet harassment if there are threatening words and conduct.

Otherwise this will be a civil matter for privacy and libel.

Yes, you can send the internet service provider a takedown notice and demand and the person in NY a cease and desist letter in relation to the libel.

To have a successful defamation case in the county or city court your son needs to prove the following:

1.A false and defamatory statement of fact

2.Regarding the plaintiff your son

3.Which is published to a third party and

4.Which results in damages

Certain statements may also amount to defamation per se without the need to proving these.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney