If an attorney files a affidavit in a civil lawsuit that is…

Customer Question
if an attorney files a...
if an attorney files a affidavit in a civil lawsuit that is not true. and a new lawsuit is filed can res juda cata protect his frivolous affidavit.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Res judicata only means a fair final judgment was entered in a case. If anyone files false documents in a case, that is basis for a motion to vacate judgment in the case, not a basis for a new lawsuit.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.