I had a gravel laser treatment prefored three monthes before…

I had a gravel...

I had a gravel laser treatment prefored three monthes before my wedding in April-May 2017. The treatment has ruined my face and my face is even worse now. The company tried to improve my skin with code Alan mask and three free microdermabrasion sessions. My face is still ruined and it’s been 9-10 monthes since the treatment. It has cause me much insecurity and depression. I’m not sure if there is anything I can do, but a treatment like this and with this outcome should be banned! And I think my face is going to be like this forever!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry! * FRAXEL laser treatment here in Austin TX

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well I consulted the company who did it. I’ve had Botox between my eyebrows done there many time and very happy but this treatment ruined my face to the point of minor depression

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They gave me a free cosemelan mask to try to improve.. nothing. Then they offered me three free microdermabrasion sessions which were completed and still no improvements.

3/19/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am so sorry you are going through this; I can only imagine how hard it must be when you thought you were going in for something that would beneficial and not harmful. From a legal perspective the key to legal liability boils down to what informed consent paperwork you signed prior to the procedure and whether that paperwork informed you of risks such as the results and reactions you experienced. So, one of the first steps in figuring out where to go from here may be to request a copy of your records from the practice where you had the procedure done. Also, in my experience - especially in the aesthetic medical industry, and the medical industry generally - getting a second opinion can sometimes be necessary. So an option is to find a practice that does similar types of treatments, have their staff both take a look at your current condition and also provide you their professional opinion on what treatments, if any, they would recommend to improve the condition of your skin and also what like success they would expect (they certainly won't guarantee results but they should be able to give you best case/worst case). Seeing another professional may also highlight if it looks like something was done incorrectly in the use of the Fraxel laser such that you may have a claim. The clinic where you had this done has tried to make it right and not been able to; if you find another place that you feel comfortable with that has different ideas on how to rectify the damage, you can then ask the original practice to reimburse you for such course of treatment. It won't be certain to work, but you will then have options.

Again, I am sorry you are in this situation and hope you can find a resolution that brings you good results and some peace and confidence.

I hope this helps. If you need further help, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is ​for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

Attorney Wendy
I did sign a consent about some possible outcomes but none of them seemed to discibe what my face looks like now.

Then I would say get a second opinion and based on what you hear from another office (consider more than one; I am not sure in your area, but often they do free initial consultations to see your skin and discuss treatment options), you may review the exact wording and use that to then ask them for some sort of financial compensation. It won't fix everything, but I am hopeful you can find a treatment that will and get some reimbursement for your time, trouble, and emotional distress.