My nephew was in a federally sponsored halfway house. this…

My nephew was in...

My nephew was in a federally sponsored halfway house. this past Monday the Vice President of Samaritan village came in and told 10 people there that they had 4 hours to pack their belongings and their time was out. he has since been out on the streets. is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

He's contacted hra in queens to try to help him find a place, but as of yet nothing,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Tried to contact his probation officer but no response since monday

3/18/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Is the name of the halfway house Samaritan Village? How did your nephew end up in the halfway house? Was this through the courts/probation?

was through the courts/probation order
Samaritan village highbridge in the bronx

The only reason he could be thrown out would be for a violation of the rules. Do you have any information as to why he was asked to leave?

apparently he was on contract, but had an extension till may.

So there were no issues and he broke no rules?

not that I'm aware of. he said the vp sent 10 of them out the door

Of he did not violate any rules this is not lawful. You want him to contact a local civil rights Attorney. I am concerned that this could impact his probation as the only way that someone can be legally asked to vacate is for violating the rules. I am going to look up Samaritan Village for complaints. In the meantime he would want to seek shelter with family, friends or a shelter. I am glad that the probation officer was notified even though there has been no response your nephew will want to keep a record the contact.

I will provide a link for civil rights Attorneys in the area. Please give me a few minutes.

ok, thanks so much

Samaritan Village, Inc.
Highbridge Residential Treatment Program

*****br />Bronx, NY 10452

He should contact:

City Commission on Human Rights

File a complaint or make an appointment:(###) ###-####br />1932 Arthur Avenue
Room 203A
Bronx, NY 10457(###) ###-####br />home.nyc.gov/html/cchr/home.html

Please give me a few more minutes. Thank you for your patience.

that's the place

He should contact:

City Commission on Human Rights

Room 203A

ok, great, thanks sooooo much

He will file a complaint at the above link to have this on the record. I am providing links for FREE consultation Attorneys as well. One moment please.

I don't know if this will be helpful but I am going to provide this link as well as a link for criminal Attorneys in the area. http://alliesinrecovery.net/2016/10/12156/

thanks so much for your time

You are most welcome.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Thank you.