What her options? She seeing judge today at 5pm. Bad car…

What her options? She...

What her options? She seeing judge today at 5pm. Bad car wreck yesterday. She in jail now. Passenger broken leg. This

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the passenger in? It matters because laws vary by location.

DUI. double the limit. No license. This is 3rd DUI. first one more than 7 years ago. Her charge --- aggravated assault deadly weapon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the passenger taken so far?

She wants to know today at Today at court in front judge...what are her options? She asking

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mesa, Arizona
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He in hospital. Don't know what steps for him. Also she had interlock. Due to come out this month. Her last dui case closed. Passenger was blowing in interlock for her. Police would not allow her to talk to him yesterday.
I her mom live San Diego
3/18/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

She needs to make no statements to anyone. She needs to plead not guilty in court and she needs to ask for an attorney to be appointed to represent her if she cannot afford an attorney. If she can afford an attorney, then she needs to hire her own attorney, because she would not be able to deal with this without an attorney I am sorry to say. A 3rd DUI and having someone else blow in the interlock and causing someone to be injured is a serious offense and is looking at least at 24 months of jail time, minimum.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Yes. She has to have a lawyer today before court? Or ask for attorney during court today.?

Thank you for your reply.

She can ask for an attorney when she appears today before she enters her plea.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will work on getting lawyer for her court. Now court date Monday. Not today Sunday. Thank you very helpful.

Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney