I "bought" a wedding dress from a lady with the deal, no…

Customer Question
I "bought" a wedding...

I "bought" a wedding dress from a lady with the deal, no contract only text messages, that i would pay her when my income tax came in. now she is calling me saying i didnt hold up my end of the deal and threating to press charges. i have a one year old son so i was late on filing. i have recieved a small portion of my income tax but not all of it. what are my legal obligations and rights. does she have the chance to make a case against me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisisna

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have called both my police department and her areas to make a civil dispute file so my side will be on file

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have no way to contact her because everytime she calls me its from a blocked number

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

So when the portion came in, did you pay her with it? When is the rest going to be coming in and do you have evidence that you will receive more?