My father in law submitted a probation transfer request from…

My father in law...

My father in law submitted a probation transfer request from florida in October. SC has yet to respond. Were called the probation office 2 weeks ago but were told they could provide no information to us or my father in law. Why would it take so long and what recourse do we have to get information on the reason it's taking so long. He is not a sex offender and is in good standing with the FL PO.

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

What appeals? For the charge? Misuse of funds from clients that totaled more than 100k.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the sex offense occur?

There was no sex offense

3/18/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If he has applied for a mandatory transfer through the Interstate Compact, the receiving state has 45 days to investigate and approve his life plan. The fact that there's been no response in 2 weeks doesn't mean anything. They can take much longer to check out his job, his family ties, his housing and come to a decision. You can see that here in the attached Compact Handbook on page 33 of the PDF, Rule 3.104

He applied in October. Who can I contact in SC to get a response to the delay? Thank you.

Sorry. I misunderstood the time frame. I didn't know that SC has had his paperwork since October. I thought that was when he first requested it from Florida.

You would contact the South Carolina Interstate Compact office at(###) ###-#### You could also email South Carolina's at***@******.*** The Compact, as you may already know, is the agreement among all states that allows for the transfer of parolees and probationers. Each state has a compact office.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Thank you!

You're very welcome.