How do I deal with a black mail have a dirty video of me and…

How do I deal...

How do I deal with a black mail hey have a dirty video of me and will release it if I don’t do what they say what should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado they say there from the Philippines

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I tried to talk to them and tell them the truth that I have barely any money to give. Then when they got mad I did what they said except my bank wouldnt allow the funds to go. So now they are telling me to go to Walmart and use money gram

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Ok

3/18/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Ok I am ready ask away
It would be better if we stayed online for so what do you wanna know

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I review your situation.

Ok.

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This appears to be a case of extortion. Extortion is where someone, through force or threats, is required to do something they would not otherwise be legally obligated to do. This is a criminal action and this is something that you may need to explain to the other party to help get justice.

You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter advising them that extortion is a crime under the law and you may be able to take civil action as well (for intentional infliction of emotional distress) and that you aren't going to pay any $ and you will contact the DA. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template cease and desist letter (click here). Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. How else can I help you today?

Ok I will get to it. Thanks for the help.

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

What if I don’t know there name I just see there profile name
Who do I address it to?

You may have to do some investigative work to find out their physical or email address. Even if you have a phone #, text them a copy of your letter so they are aware and put the fear of God into them that whatever they have on you will be less embarrassing than going in front of a judge and being sentenced to jail.

Ok will do. And thanks

You bet!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer