I had a debt that was with one credit company. that debt can…

I had a debt...

I had a debt that was with one credit company. that debt can no longer be reported in 2 months, however I got a bill showing that that debt was sold to someone call castle credit. I never signed any documents for it, and know if I send a payment it will restart the clock

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

I live in Texas, but think the original debt was in california

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have been trying to get the deliquencies removed I have talked to the debtor, but never admitted I owed them, since they werent the original debtor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ahh, also I never signed any documents for a castle credit, and never spoke to anyone, so not sure how they can be sending me a bill in an attempt to restart the clock.

3/18/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
hello
Phone call session started