I have a contract between myself and a software development…

I have a contract...

I have a contract between myself and a software development agency which I'd kindly like it revised by a lawyer to point out any condition that doesn't preserve my rights as a client

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

You're right I am from Saudi Arabia and the corporation is located in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

They are now waiting for me to sign the contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need the contract revised thoroughly and any condition that doesn't preserve the client rights pointed out. And the lawyer suggesting the alternative. Thanks

Please find contract attached
3/18/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Can you specify what in the contract you may feel is unfair to the client, because actually this contract is very fair to the client as well as contractor and the provisions are common provisions in these types of contracts?

The only issue is that the contract is under Texas law and any disputes have to be resolved in Texas through arbitration in Houston, Texas. However, the contractor is not likely to agree to you insisting that Saudi law and jurisdiction be substituted, so you will likely have to settle for that part as written. Arbitration is faster and more economical to resolve disputes than court and this contract specifies you will arbitrate any disputes if you cannot mediate a resolution.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Fair enough. Thanks indeed for your time

Thank you.