My 26 year old son stole my 20k ring in 2006. Of course, he…

My 26 year old...

My 26 year old son stole my 20k ring in 2006. Of course, he lied to the police and they didn’t search him or make him do a lie detector. He and his wife are at odds and she just sent me a pic of the ring proving he has it. But now I’m worried the statute of limitations is up. It’s in FL. If I have the evidence, can the case be reopened and he arrested? It was in oct 2006.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just asking about statute if limitations and if I can reopen the case from 2006 or is itvtoo kstevand he’s free.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Loren, Attorney
Hello
Phone call session started
It allowed me to give you 5 stars but there is no place to provide written feedback.
Thank you much.
Oh I found it. And I gave you a tip too!!
I hope you get these messsages. Have a great Sunday.
Thank you for you generous bonus. Best of luck to you.