My dog bit someone and i got a citation and have to go to…

My dog bit someone...

My dog bit someone and i got a citation and have to go to court. I wasn’t sure what i should plead. The person who my dog bit did not press charges but did want to have the dog put down. So we put the dog down

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

I was charged with aggressive dog

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Arizona. I have another for the same but my dog did not bite anyone. Just jumped on the person.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s all

3/18/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know if this victim would appear and testify against you?

I don’t think so. He made it very clear that dogs do this type of thing all the time. He was very understanding and didn’t want to involve the police. He just told me he wanted to have to dog put down, which I’ve already did. But my other neighbor got the police involved and that’s how I got the citation.
Thank you for the reply. Even though he did not want you to be cited this is a violation/crime against the state so they have the discretion to issue the citation and prosecute. However, his cooperation as the victim is going to be key and if he were to fail to appear at trial and testify against you the state may not have enough to proceed and would need to drop the case. The burden is on them to prove the charge and without his cooperation they may not have enough to go forward.
What would happen if he were to appear and testify?
Also what should I plea?
If you enter a plea of guilty or no contest the case will be over with. Prior to doing so you can ask for an offer to resolve this and see what will be imposed. You can decide to accept or reject it based upon if it is in your best interest. If you want to go to trial you can enter a not guilty plea and it would be set. If you want to resolve it you can plea no contest or guilty.
Will this be going on my permanent record?
It is something that maybe seen if that is what you are asking. If this is being charged civilly it may not be something that would appear on a criminal background check.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Okay thank you so much for your help
You are welcome.