I've been going through Domestic violence from my fiance.

Customer Question
I've been going through...

I've been going through Domestic violence from my fiance. Who's on Patrol how do I get out of relationship.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

The police have came out a few times for disturbs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are leasing a house together with both names on it. He's refusing to let me depart from relationship without threats.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/18/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Has he abused you or do his threats make you fearful for your safety?

for both questions.

You can go to civil court and get yourself a restraining order against him. Once he has been served with the order, he will not be able to have any further contact with you while the order is in effect or he can end up in jail and charged with a criminal offense.

Then you can leave him, if that's what you want to do. In any case, he wouldn't be allowed to live with you or have any contact with you while you have this order.

You can read about this option for you and it will tell you how to get a restraining order here:

https://www.womenslaw.org/laws/tx/restraining-orders

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.