Should i seek damages from my mortgage company mis-leading…

Customer Question
Should i seek damages...

Should i seek damages from my mortgage company mis-leading and out right lies told thourgh my loan modification process?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None, i am in default, just got denied because i had a modification over 7 years ago, why was i lead through 60 days of loosing paperwork and empty promises?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In Riverside California, i have over $400K of equity and i could have been working in another direction

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/18/2018
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is usually not possible to sue a bank if a loan modification is denied as the federal law doesn't provide a cause of action for a HAMP denial. However, if you were intentionally misled or lied to, then it should be possible to have a claim that doesn't relate to the HAMP denial rules.

That said, suing will not be an easy task and it will be exceedingly helpful if you have documentation or evidence to support your claim. If you want to pursue this, you should consult a local attorney in your area about pursuing your claim.