I have a friend who is an engineer and while he was in

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend who is an engineer and while he was in charge of a construction in Atlanta GA one of his workers died electrocuted. A friend of his told me he is being held by the FEDs, is that possible? The family of the dead wanted 56,000.00 in a settlement and because he did not have the money to settle until the job was done they acussed him of manslaughter. Is tha possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your friend talked to a Georgia lawyer about this?

Hi didn’t have money to hire a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your friend taken so far?

None, he is in jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He said that the family lawyer did not let him have a free lawyer to help him

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/18/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today - do you know what specifically your friend has been charged with? If he is an engineer there has to be additional information for him to be charged with manslaughter. And just because he could not pay the settlement does not give rise to a criminal charge.

He was the supervisor and wasn’t supposed to answer the phone while working and he did.
I don’t speak much English is easier for me to understand in writing
I think they said the worker died because of my friends negligence

Even if he was a supervisor and the individual died because of negligence, that would not rise to a criminal charge. Also, he would have insurance coverage through the company which would protect him. There has to be something else going on.

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
Thank you, ***** ***** me a lot

You are very welcome - can you please rate me with 5 stars

can you please rate my question - it is the only way I can get credit for helping you