I need to know some info im not a fast typer. Missouri can i…

I need to know...

I need to know some info im not a fast typer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri can i sign over legal custody of my daughters tomy wife their stepmother

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have ful custody of them have for years the biological mother never was around and still is not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can they be awarded to stepmother

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just need to know if i can sign full custody over to my wife their stepmother is it possible
3/18/2018
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you.

You need to seek a Voluntary Transfer of Guardianship.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for your time

Petition for Guardianship Pursuant to RSMo 475.060

a. Any person may file a petition for the appointment of himself or some other qualified person as guardian of a minor or guardian of an incapacitated person. Such petition shall state the following:

i. The name, age, domicile, actual place of residence and post office address of the minor or incapacitated person if known and if any of these facts is unknown, the efforts made to ascertain that fact;

ii. The estimated value of his real and personal property;

iii. If the minor or incapacitated person has no domicile or place of residence in this state, the county in which the property or major part thereof of the minor or incapacitated person is located;

iv. The name and address of the parents of the minor or incapacitated person and whether they are living or dead;

v. The name and address of the spouse, and the names, ages and addresses of all living children of the minor or incapacitated person;

vi. The name and address of the person having custody of the person of the minor or incapacitated person;

vii. The name and address of any guardian of the person or conservator of the estate of the minor or incapacitated person appointed in this or any other state;

viii. If appointment is sought for a natural person, other than the public administrator, the names and addresses of wards and disabled persons for whom such person is already guardian or conservator;

ix. In the case of an incapacitated person, the fact that the person for whom guardianship is sought is unable by reason of some specified physical or mental condition to receive and evaluate information or to communicate decisions to such an extent that the person lacks capacity to meet essential requirements for food, clothing, shelter, safety or other care such that serious physical injury, illness or disease is likely to occur;

x. The reasons why the appointment of a guardian is sought;

Bruce Schreiber
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer